The safety of our customers and employees is our priority.Read the latest
Hire Purchase - Explained
How does it work???
Hire Purchase could help you buy your dream car while spreading the cost. Agree an initial deposit with the dealer and your agreement term and monthly payments amount then the dealer will submit the finance application to us and subject to your application being approved, you can just drive it away – and after you’ve made all the payments including the interest the car’s all yours.
- Borrow any amount from £1,000 for new or used cars
- Set your repayments to suit
- Cars up to 14 years* old –
repay over 1 – 5 years
- Flexible Deposit Options
– 0% deposit may be available subject to status
How it works
- Choose your new car. Used cars up to fourteen years old* can also qualify. (*some exceptions apply)
- Negotiate a deposit with the dealer.
- The finance company buys the vehicle on your behalf less any deposit that you have paid to the dealer.
- The remaining balance plus interest is then paid over an agreed period of one to five years for cars that are up to six years old (or repay over one to four years if the car is six to 10 years old)
- Set your payments to suit your budget – borrow any amount from £1,000
What you pay
- You pay a flexible deposit on the car, from 0% (0% deposit may be available subject to status).
- Interest rates are fixed so you’ll always know the amount of each payment until the car is yours.
- You pay over your chosen period.
- After you’ve made all the payments including the interest you own the car.
What you need to know about Hire Purchase
- The choice is yours. You can choose any new or used car that’s up to ten years old, and how long you want to make regular payments, from one to five years*.
- You can budget with confidence. Your regular repayments will always be the same throughout the agreement, giving you the reassurance you need.
- Our documents are clearly written so you can be sure there are no hidden extras.
- Ideal if you want to own your car outright
- Protection under the Consumer Credit Act Termination Rights, and Satisfactory Quality Rights
- You do not own the vehicle until the final repayment has been made
- Your vehicle is at risk of repossession if you do not maintain contractual repayments
- You must have fully comprehensive insurance
- You have no protection against depreciation as a result of an unexpected fall in the value of the vehicle
Why choose Hire Purchase?
Hire Purchase is a popular way to finance a car. It lets you choose the car you want, while spreading the payments to suit your budget. You’ll have the reassurance of knowing your regular monthly payments will stay the same. After you've made all the payments including the interest the car’s all yours.