The safety of our customers and employees is our priority.Read the latest
BMW Run-Flat Tyres
Approved run-flat tyres from our specialist service centres
BMW approved Star Marked run-flat tyres will keep you moving in the unfortunate event of a puncture. Like conventional tyres, run-flat tyres will eventually wear down and need replacing to keep your BMW performing at peak condition. At Barons & Chandlers BMW, our team of manufacturer-trained experts are available to help you choose the best tyres to enhance the performance of your BMW. Contact your local Barons & Chandlers BMW centre to find out more information.
What are BMW run-flat tyres?
Run-flat tyres are designed to keep your BMW moving when you get a puncture. They allow you to drive at a reduced speed until it is safer for you to stop your vehicle and seek help to get the tyre repaired. A reinforced sidewall in the tyre holds the weight of the car when the air pressure drops, keeping you in control of the car and giving you time to pull over in a safe and convenient space.
How do run-flat tyres work?
Conventional tyres require air to stay hard, whereas run-flat tyres have a reinforced sidewall, which keeps their rigidity without any air pressure. Run-flat tyres have an outer shell that holds the rubber in place without air so that your car is supported along its journey.
How long do run-flat tyres last on a BMW?
As with standard tyres, you should monitor your tyre pressure and tyre tread regularly to ensure that your run-flat tyres are in good condition. Make sure to check your run-flat tyres every 10,000 miles to ensure that they are in optimal condition so that you are safe when on the road.
How often should you replace run-flat tyres?
If your BMW came with run-flat tyres already fitted, it is recommended that you continue to use run-flat tyres because the model’s suspension is designed to suit them. Changing to normal tyres could have adverse effects on your BMW’s handling, however, it does not pose as a safety risk.
What are the pros of run-flat tyres?
There are a number of benefits that come with having run-flat tyres.
- You can continue to drive on a flat tyre for about 50 miles, but only at around 50mph.
- In the event of a blowout, run-flat tyres generally offer better stability because they can support the car for miles without any air. This means that the steering and handling will remain somewhat normal.
- Run-flat tyres support BMW EfficientDynamics by eliminating the extra weight of the spare tyre for improved fuel efficiency and dynamic handling.
What are the cons of run-flat tyres?
Although there are many benefits to having run-flat tyres, they do come with their own pitfalls.
- Run-flat tyres can wear out faster than conventional tyres; generally, they need replacing every 20,000 miles or so.
- Vehicles that are fitted with run-flat tyres don’t usually have a spare tyre because there is no need for one, and to reduce the weight of the car.
- Due to their reinforced sidewalls, it can be more difficult to tell whether run-flat tyres are low on air. It is important to take notice of your BMW’s tyre pressure monitoring system.
Why choose Barons & Chandlers BMW?
When you bring your BMW to us, you can rest assured that your vehicle is in safe hands and will benefit from a thorough check. At Barons & Chandlers BMW, we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service, which includes:
- A full range of services including, puncture repair, wheel balancing and wheel alignment
- Tyres that are the perfect match for your BMW model
- Environmentally-friendly used tyre disposal
- Advice on what tyres are best suited to your model
Contact your local Barons & Chandlers dealership in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire and London to learn more about BMW approved tyres.
Barons & Chandlers BMW: Approved BMW tyres you can rely on.
Barons BMW Bedford
Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 0GL
Barons BMW Borehamwood Aftersales
Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1LT
Barons BMW Cambridge
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB23 6EF
Barons BMW Farnborough Aftersales
Ash Vale, Surrey, GU12 5QF
Barons BMW Hindhead
Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6AE
Barons BMW Kentish Town Aftersales
Kentish Town, London, NW5 3EX
Barons BMW Ruislip Aftersales
South Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 0NU
Barons BMW Stansted
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 2BT
Barons BMW Watford Aftersales
Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 7RY
Chandlers BMW Brighton
Brighton, East Sussex, BN41 1YH
Chandlers BMW Hailsham
Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 3UA
Chandlers BMW Worthing
Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN16 3FH