AdBlue - It Means Cleaner Air
At Jaguar, we are continually striving to reduce emissions by making exhaust gases cleaner.
To help meet European legislation (EU6), Jaguar diesel engines have been fitted with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR technology) which uses AdBlue® – Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF).
AdBlue® is stored in a dedicated tank – please refer to your Owner’s Handbook to identify its location.
The system works by injecting AdBlue® into the exhaust system to break down nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions into harmless water vapour and nitrogen gas, reducing the levels of NOx emitted by up to 90%.
This technology is fitted to all Jaguar diesel vehicles from 2016 Model Year.
SIMPLY PART OF YOUR REGULAR MAINTENANCE
Your approved local Beadles Jaguar retailer will be there to help and inform you regarding the SCR technology fitted to your vehicle and the small additional step required to maintain your Jaguar.
Factors such as driving style, road and weather conditions can greatly influence AdBlue® consumption. Average consumption will be 800km (500 miles) per litre. Your Jaguar’s message centre will give you advance warning when your AdBlue® level is low and will alert you in plenty of time to allow you to refill. Please refer to your Owner’s Handbook for more information. Your local Beadles Jaguar retailer will also refill the tank as part of your scheduled maintenance and should you have one of the Jaguar Service Plans, this will be free of charge for the duration of the Plan. Should you run out, your Jaguar will not start until you refill with a minimum of five litres of AdBlue® for Jaguar diesel vehicles from 2017 Model Year onwards, or 3.6 litres for earlier models – this is a requirement of EU6 emissions legislation.
ADBLUE® REFILL/TOP UP
Remember, your Jaguar’s message centre will display your remaining mileage before depletion of AdBlue® becomes critical. Please refer to your Owner’s Handbook for more information. It makes good sense to monitor your Jaguar’s message centre.
Refilling of the tank can be done at many service stations nationwide, but of course, your local Beadles Jaguar retailer will be happy to refill your AdBlue tank. If you wish to have an emergency supply of fluid to hand, you can purchase 1.89 litre non-drip bottles of AdBlue® or 10-litre refill kits from your local Beadles Jaguar retailer to top up the tank yourself.
The approved self-fill options available from your local Beadles Jaguar retailer have been specifically designed for ease of use and to prevent any dripping.
To avoid overfilling, follow the refill instructions provided in your Owner’s Handbook or with the AdBlue® product.
Only refill your tank with AdBlue® manufactured to ISO22241-1 or DIN70070.
ADBLUE® IMPORTANT ADVICE
- Commercial vehicle AdBlue® pumps at fuel stations must never be used because the flow rate is too high and this will damage the vehicle’s AdBlue® tank. It may also result in spillage in or over the car and yourself. Gravity fed self-filling containers are suitable for use.
- Do not pour any other liquids into the AdBlue® tank. Any other fluid will compromise the correct operation of your vehicle.
- AdBlue® is not a fuel additive. If you pour AdBlue® into your fuel tank by mistake DO NOT start the engine, and call an approved Beadles Jaguar retailer or Roadside Assistance immediately.
- Store AdBlue® in its original container. Always observe the manufacturer’s storage and handling recommendations.
- Although AdBlue® is non-hazardous, should it come in contact with any part of your body, or it is ingested by accident, please refer to the advice on the bottle packaging.
- If AdBlue® comes into contact with any of your vehicle’s paintwork, simply wipe it off, and rinse the area with soapy water.
- AdBlue® can stain vehicle upholstery and clothing. If spilt, AdBlue® should be removed immediately using cold water and a damp cloth.
- Follow the refill instructions provided in your Owner’s Handbook or with the AdBlue® product.
- If using the 10-litre refill kit, we recommend that you check the vehicle’s message centre after the first 5-litre container has been poured into the tank.
- If you run out of AdBlue,® you can fill any Jaguar vehicle with up to eight litres of AdBlue,® once the warning light has illuminated, with no risk of over-filling.
For more information on AdBlue® please refer to your Owner’s Handbook.
The Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology fitted to your Jaguar helps ensure reductions in nitrogen oxide emissions which is a benefit to us all, on or off the road.
To purchase our approved self-fill bottles or kits, please visit your local Beadles Jaguar Retailer.
AdBlue® is the registered trademark of the Verband der Automobilindustrie e. V. (VDA)