Reassurance all year round with an MOT from just £35.00
All vehicles on the road are required to have an MOT to ensure the safety of you and your passengers, as well as other road users. At Group 1 smart, we know the significance of having your smart running at optimum performance. That’s why our team of smart-trained technicians are here to provide the highest level of care when your smart is due to have its MOT. We’ll make sure that your vehicle undergoes rigorous testing to ensure that it is returned to you in peak condition.
Book an MOT
Benefits of getting your smart MOT with us
Our smart-trained technicians use the latest smart servicing and diagnostic equipment to maintain the efficiency of your vehicle and protect you and your passengers from harm. At Group 1 smart, we are committed to providing and friendly and honest service, so you know you can trust our experts. We’ll ensure that your smart performs as it was designed to.
- Only smart genuine parts are used
- smart-trained technicians working to the highest standards
- Latest smart diagnostic and servicing equipment
- MOTs are tailored around you for total convenience
- Peace of mind with MOT protection
- Servicing, tyres and MOTs are all available in one place
Benefit from the expert knowledge of our dedicated team of technicians at your local smart Service and MOT Centre.
How often do I need to MOT my smart?
Vehicles that are three years old or more are required to have an MOT test once every 12 months. You will not legally be allowed to drive unless you have a valid MOT certificate. To find out when your smart needs its first MOT, look for its date of registration.
When your smart needs its first MOT
Your smart will need to go through a series of tests to check that vital components
meet the legal standards, to ensure the safety of you and your passengers. You can take your vehicle in for its MOT up to 30 days before your certificate expires, but your new MOT certificate will not come into play until your current one expires.
As the driver, it is your responsibility to ensure that your smart receives an MOT test by a trained professional on an annual basis. If you fail to get an MOT, you could face a fine of up to £1000, and your insurance will become invalid. It is illegal to drive your vehicle without an MOT certificate and car insurance.
How long does an MOT take?
Getting your smart MOT test can take between 45 and 60 minutes to complete, but it is better to allow for a full hour before you collect your vehicle. However, there are a few things you should consider when booking your smart MOT:
- Make sure you allow time for repairs just in case your smart was to fail its MOT
- The test centre has a legal obligation to prevent you from driving away in your smart if it has failed its MOT, and it is not covered by an existing MOT certificate
- Some test centres may ask you to drop off your vehicle first thing in the morning, just in case it needs repairs
- It is better to plan to be without your car for an entire day
How much does a smart MOT cost?
Official test centres cannot charge more than £54.85 for an MOT test, which is the
maximum fee enforced by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency. Here at Group 1 smart, you can get your smart MOT with free protection for just £35.00. Our smart specialist technicians will talk you through any repairs should your vehicle need any remedial work. Leave your car in our capable hands and we’ll make sure it performs just like new.
Contact your local smart centre to find out more information.