- 30 years of Discovery: Land Rover has revealed a Discovery Landmark Edition marking three decades of the world’s most capable and versatile SUV.
- Never stop discovering: New model begins a year of celebration for the Discovery family, which arrived in September 1989.
- Fitting tribute: Landmark Edition showcases the best of the Discovery SUV with upgraded standard features and design enhancements.
- Every bit a Discovery: Narvik Black exterior details, 20-inch Gloss Black wheels and unique exterior badging mark anniversary Edition apart.
- All-round performance: Sporting iconic design, class-leading all-terrain capability and the latest technology, the Discovery is the ultimate family SUV.
- New Land Rover Discovery Landmark Edition is available to order now, priced from £57,350 OTR in the UK, and can be configured at www.landrover.co.uk
The Discovery has been the choice of adventurers and families since its arrival at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1989 and the new Landmark Edition showcases everything it means to be a Discovery, with upgraded standard features and subtle design enhancements.
Taking the well-appointed SE as a starting point, the Landmark Edition adds the Dynamic Pack, which includes a more purposeful front bumper design and Narvik Black mesh grille and fender vents. Narvik Black nameplate scripting on the bonnet and tailgate is also joined by unique Landmark badging on the tailgate.
The exterior is also marked out by a fixed panoramic roof, front fog lights and signature tail lights, while privacy glass and 20-inch Gloss Black wheels complete the modern and contemporary look.
The interior is available with a choice of three premium Windsor leather colourways with contrast micropiping. A Satin Brushed Aluminium centre console and titanium mesh finishers also set it apart, with the 380W Meridian Sound System, helping to create a truly first-class travel experience.
"The Land Rover Discovery has set the standard for all-terrain adventure for 30 years. Whether tackling jungles, mountains or the school run, it has delivered at every turn with class-leading all-terrain capability and seven-seat versatility. The Landmark Edition is a fitting celebration of the ultimate family SUV."
- NICK COLLINS, VEHICLE LINE DIRECTOR, JAGUAR LAND ROVER
The Discovery Landmark Edition offers petrol and diesel powertrain options, ranging from clean and efficient engines to more performance-focused models.
There is no doubting Discovery’s credentials over the past 30 years as the ultimate all-terrain SUV. Not only has it tackled the Amazon jungle, Madagascan wilderness and Siberian snowdrifts as part of the Camel Trophy, it has also pulled a 110-tonne road train across the Australian Outback and provided a Red Cross emergency mobile command centre for disaster response.
Combining all-terrain capability with seven-seat versatility, intelligent seat fold technology and smart storage throughout the vehicle’s premium interior, the Discovery family has claimed more than 300 global awards and notched up 1.7 million sales since 1989.
Traditional Discovery capability comes in the form of All Terrain Progress Control, which enables drivers to set and maintain a steady speed in challenging conditions. It is available alongside Terrain Response 2, offering a number of driving modes designed for tackling challenging ground conditions. Alongside a class-leading wading depth of 900mm and a 3,500kg towing capacity, Discovery delivers unrivalled breadth of capability.
Coupled with Land Rover’s comprehensive range of accessories, which includes a Pet Pack designed to improve comfort for canine companions, it is easy to see why Discovery is revered as the ultimate go-anywhere family SUV.
The new Land Rover Discovery Landmark Edition is available to order now, priced from £57,350 OTR in the UK, and can be configured at www.landrover.co.uk