The safety of our customers and employees is our priority.Read the latest
Get peace of mind with an MOT for just £49
We know it’s important to keep your SEAT in working order and we know the importance of MOTs. Our specialist SEAT-trained technicians are on hand to care of your SEAT when your MOT is due. We understand that being without your vehicle can be an inconvenience, that’s why we make sure the process is as quick as possible. You can expect to have your SEAT returned to you in peak condition.
Benefits of getting your SEAT MOT with us
At Group 1 SEAT, our specialist SEAT-trained technicians conduct thorough tests and checks using the latest SEAT diagnostic equipment. You can benefit from the guidance and advice you need by technicians who know your SEAT inside and out.
Why you should use our SEAT centres for your MOT:
- Only SEAT genuine parts are used
- SEAT-trained technicians working to the highest standards
- MOTs are tailored around you for total convenience
- Peace of mind with MOT protection
- Servicing, tyres and MOTs are all available in one place
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your SEAT is in expert hands at your local Group 1 SEAT Service and MOT Centre.
How often do I need to MOT my SEAT?
If your SEAT is brand-new, the time of registration will give you a date for when its first MOT is due. Once your vehicle reaches 3 years of age, you are required to have a valid MOT test on an annual basis. A valid MOT certificate only lasts for 12 months.
When your SEAT needs its first MOT
During its MOT, your SEAT will undergo thorough testing to make sure that important parts meet the legal standards set by the government. You can get an MOT up to a day before the expiry date to keep the same renewal date. Or you can get an MOT up to one month before the certificate is due to expire to change the renewal date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your SEAT is examined by a trained professional every 12 months. If you fail to provide a valid MOT test certificate, you could be fined up to £1000. Your car insurance will also become invalid from the moment you have been issued a certificate of MOT failure, and driving without a valid MOT and insurance certificate is illegal.
How long does an MOT take?
On average, an MOT test takes between 45 and 60 minutes, but it’s best to allow for an hour before you go to collect your SEAT. However, there are a few things to take into consideration when booking a SEAT MOT:
- If your SEAT fails the test, repairs will lengthen the time it takes to complete the MOT
- Legally, a test centre is not allowed to let you drive away in your SEAT if it has failed its MOT. The problems have to be fixed unless your existing MOT certificate is still valid
- Test centres may require you to drop your vehicle off first thing in the morning and you can collect it when it is ready. You should be prepared to be without your SEAT for an entire day
How much does a SEAT MOT cost?
A maximum fee of £54.85 is set by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency for official test centres. At Group 1 SEAT, we offer an MOT with free protection for just £49.99. Our SEAT-trained specialists provide all the care and attention your vehicle deserves, carrying out thorough tests and checks to ensure the safety of your SEAT when on the road. We’ll make sure that your SEAT is returned to you in optimum condition.
Contact your local Group 1 SEAT centre to find out more information.