Keeping your Volkswagen in working order is your top priority, and it’s ours too. Our specialist Volkswagen-trained technicians are here to take care of your vehicle as soon as your MOT is due. It can be an inconvenience to be without your Volkswagen, that’s why we make sure that you get your vehicle back as quickly as possible. And when you come to collect your Volkswagen, you can expect it to be in peak condition as it was designed to perform.
Book an MOT
Benefits of getting your Volkswagen MOT with us
At Beadles Volkswagen, our specialist technicians will check your vehicle using the latest Volkswagen diagnostic equipment. We will provide you with all the advice and guidance you need, so you can enjoy worry-free motoring.
Why you should use our Volkswagen centres for your MOT:
- Only Volkswagen genuine parts are used
- Volkswagen-trained technicians working to the highest standards
- Latest Volkswagen servicing and diagnostic equipment
- MOTs are tailored around you for total convenience
- Servicing, tyres and MOTs are all available in one place
Book your Volkswagen in for its MOT at your local Beadles Volkswagen Service and MOT Centre.
How often do I need to MOT my Volkswagen?
If your Volkswagen is under three years old, the time of registration will give you a date for when its first MOT is due. Once your vehicle reaches three years or older, you are required to have a valid MOT test certificate on an annual basis. A valid MOT certificate only lasts for 12 months.
When your Volkswagen needs its first MOT
Your Volkswagen is required to undergo thorough testing during its MOT to ensure that vital parts meet the legal standard. Make sure that you get an MOT before your current certificate is due to expire. To keep the same renewal date, you can get an MOT up to a day before the expiry date. Alternatively, you can get an MOT up to 30 days before the expiry date to change the renewal date.
As the owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is examined by a trained professional every 12 months. Should you fail to provide a valid MOT test certificate, you could be fined up to £1000. Your car insurance will also become invalid from the moment you have been issued a certificate of MOT failure.
How long does an MOT take?
An MOT test usually takes between 45 and 60 minutes, but it’s always best to allow for an hour before you go to collect your Volkswagen. However, there are a few things to take into consideration when booking your Volkswagen in for an MOT:
- Should your vehicle fail the test, repairs will lengthen the time it takes to complete the MOT
- Legally, a test centre is not allowed to let you drive away in your Volkswagen if it is not covered by a valid MOT
- Test centres may require you to drop your vehicle off first thing in the morning and you can collect it when it is ready
- You should be prepared to be without your vehicle for an entire day
Contact your local Beadles Volkswagen centre to find out more information.