We know how important it is to keep your ŠKODA performing its best, just like we know the importance of MOTs. Our specialist ŠKODA-trained technicians are here care of your ŠKODA when your MOT is next due. Being without your vehicle can be an inconvenience, so we make sure the process is as quick as possible. You can expect to have your ŠKODA returned to you in peak condition and you can benefit from a quality service that cannot be beaten.
Book an MOT
Benefits of getting your ŠKODA MOT with us
At Beadles ŠKODA, our expert ŠKODA-trained technicians use the latest servicing and diagnostic equipment to ensure that your vehicle is running exactly the way it should. Our technicians will make sure that your ŠKODA is at peak performance so you can enjoy worry-free motoring.
- Only ŠKODA genuine parts are used
- ŠKODA-trained technicians working to the highest standards
- Latest ŠKODA servicing and diagnostic equipment
- MOTs are tailored around you for total convenience
- Servicing, tyres and MOTs are all available in one place
We look forward to welcoming you to your local ŠKODA Service and MOT Centre.
How often do I need to MOT my ŠKODA?
All vehicles over three years of age are required to have an MOT test once every 12 months by law. Your vehicle is not legal to drive unless you have a valid MOT certificate. Find out when your ŠKODA is due to have its first MOT by looking for its date of registration.
When your ŠKODA needs an MOT
Your ŠKODA will need to go through a series of tests to ensure that specific components meet the legal standards. You can take your vehicle in for its MOT from 30 days before to a day before your current MOT expires. If you choose to get your MOT early, your new certificate will not become valid until your current one has expired.
As the owner of the vehicle, it is your responsibility to make sure that your ŠKODA receives an MOT test by a trained professional once every 12 months. If you fail to get an MOT you could face a fine of up to £1000 and your insurance will become invalid with immediate effect. It’s illegal to drive without a valid MOT certificate and car insurance.
How long does an MOT take?
Generally, an MOT test can take between 45 and 60 minutes to complete. However, it is better to allow for a full hour before you collect your vehicle. There are a few things you should consider when booking your MOT:
- You should allow time for repairs just in case your ŠKODA were to fail its MOT
- By law, the test centre has to prevent you from driving away in your ŠKODA if it fails its MOT
- You may need to drop off your ŠKODA first thing in the morning
And collect it when it’s ready
- It is better to plan to be without your vehicle for a day, just in case
Contact your local Beadles ŠKODA centre to find out more information.