Dedicated vehicle maintenance from ThinkFord
We understand that your Ford Commercial Vehicle is important to both you and your business. Give your Ford the care it deserves by getting your MOT test carried out at one of our Ford Transit Centres in Bracknell, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Guildford, Newbury, Reading or Wokingham.
Our Ford-trained technicians are dedicated to providing specialist care and attention to your vehicle. They strive to carry out your MOT as quickly and efficiently as possible, to minimise inconvenience. Book your Ford Transit in for an MOT at one of our specialist centres either online or by phone, for hassle-free vehicle maintenance.
Benefits of getting your Ford Transit MOT with us
At ThinkFord, we are committed to providing a friendly, straightforward and honest service to our customers. When you book your vehicle in for its MOT with us, you can expect:
- Only genuine Ford parts
- Ford-trained technicians working to the highest standards
- The latest Ford diagnostic and servicing equipment
- MOTs that are tailored to you
- Peace of mind with MOT protection
- Servicing, tyres and MOTs all available in one place
Benefit from the expertise of our specialist technicians by booking an MOT appointment at your local ThinkFord Service and MOT Centre.
How often do I need to MOT my Ford?
Your vehicle will require an MOT test every 12 months if it is over three years old. Without a valid MOT pass certificate, you will not legally be allowed to drive your vehicle.
Why do I need to take my Ford in for an MOT?
During an MOT test, your Ford will go through a series of thorough checks to ensure that your vehicle meets the legal standards for your safety. You can take your car in for an MOT from 30 days until your current MOT expires, up to the day before it expires. If you choose to take your Ford in for its MOT before your current certificate has expired, it will still be valid until its original expiry date, when your new MOT certificate will take over.
You could face a fine of up to £1000 if you fail to get your MOT carried out by a trained professional before it expires. Also, your car insurance will become invalid if your vehicle does not pass its MOT, so it’s vital you book your Ford in for its annual test.
How long does an MOT take?
Usually, getting your Ford MOT test can take between 45 and 60 minutes, but it is better to allow for a full hour before you head back to collect your vehicle. There are a few things you should also consider when booking your MOT:
- Make sure you allow time for repairs just in case your Ford were to fail its MOT
- The test centre has a legal obligation to stop you from driving your vehicle away if it has failed its MOT
- Some test centres may ask you to drop off your Ford first thing in the morning and will notify you when you can return to collect it
- Plan to be without your Ford for an entire day, just in case
Contact your local ThinkFord centre to find out more information.