Due to the new COVID-19 Tier 4 restrictions, opening times for some of our sales locations have changed. Please check the opening times within the locations tab before travelling. For ease and convenience, all of our locations offer both Click & Collect and virtual sales appointments.Read the latest
KIA MOT with Free Protection
Knowing that your vehicle is in peak condition is vital for enjoying worry-free motoring. We understand how important it is to have your KIA in full working order. Our KIA-trained technicians use the latest diagnostic equipment and KIA techniques to ensure that your vehicle is safe on the road. Getting an MOT can be an inconvenience, which is why we strive to make sure that your vehicle is returned to you as quickly as possible without jeopardising the quality of service.
Benefits of getting your KIA MOT with us
When your KIA’s next MOT is due, our team of KIA-trained technicians and the service they provide cannot be beaten. At Beadles KIA, we are dedicated to providing your vehicle with the utmost care and attention to ensure that it performs at optimum performance. We will make sure that your vehicle meets the legal standards to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
- Only genuine KIA parts are used
- KIA-trained technicians working to the highest standards
- Latest KIA servicing and diagnostic equipment
- MOTs are tailored around you for total convenience
- Peace of mind with MOT protection
- Servicing, tyres and MOTs are all available in one place
Take advantage of our expert knowledge and book your vehicle in at your local KIA Service and MOT Centre.
How often do I need to MOT my KIA?
If your vehicle is over three years of age, it is required to have an MOT test once every 12 months by law. You are not legally allowed to drive unless you have a valid MOT certificate. In order to find out when your KIA is due to have its first MOT, look for its date of registration.
When your KIA needs its first MOT
For your KIA to pass its MOT test, it will need to go through a series of tests to ensure that vital components meet the legal standards. Keep your MOT expiry date the same by getting an MOT up to a day before it is due. Alternatively, you can change your renewal date to suit you by booking your KIA in for an MOT up to 30 days before your current MOT certificate is due to expire.
It is your responsibility to make sure that your KIA receives an MOT test by a trained professional every 12 months. Should you fail to get an MOT, you could face a fine of up to £1000 and your insurance will be invalidated. It’s illegal to drive without an MOT certificate and car insurance.
How long does an MOT last?
Your KIA MOT test can take between 45 and 60 minutes to complete, but it is better to allow for a full hour before you pick up your vehicle. However, there are a few things you should consider when booking your MOT:
- Be sure to allow time for repairs just in case your KIA were to fail its MOT
- The test centre has a legal obligation to prevent you from driving away in your KIA if it fails its MOT and is not covered by an existing MOT certificate
- You may be asked to drop off your KIA first thing in the morning, just in case it needs repairs
- It is better to plan to be without your vehicle for a day
Contact your local Beadles KIA centre to find out more information.